Spend Halloween in Korea; Itewon and Hongdae




Hello everyone! 
I am Hanboknam!
Today I want to share with you guys 
on how Koreans enjoy and spend Halloween! 

First of all, 
We have to decide on what we want to be on this day,
since a lot of people go out and have fun with one another,
while we are wearing our costumes and makeup. 

One of the most known places to visit during Halloween is Itewon (이태원).

Itewon is located in Seoul and it is known for being multicultural 
since there are a lot of foreigners and different restaurants with different cuisines available too, and I definitely want you guys to try their food! 
Even many Koreans visit there because of the different vibe they feel in Itewon. 
It is like being in a different place. 

I know many of you guys stay at MyongDong when you visit Korea, 
so I will suggest one of the possible routes you can take to go to Itewon station. 

Personally one of the easiest way to get there, or any other places in Korea is by riding a train (MRT).

From MyongDong (light blue lane) go 4 stations and get down at SamGakJi station. 
At SamGakJi station transfer to the brown line and go 2 more stations.
Get down at Itewon station and there you are! 


This trip will cost 1250 WON when you will be using your own metro card and
if cash, you will have to pay 1350 WON to get the ticket. 

One restaurant that is popular here is named "JangKkoMa". 
This place is one of the restaurants the ex-SongSong couple visit if you are interested. 
It is a Korean restaurant with a cozy vibe and their food is known to taste savory and great! 
Search 장꼬마 in Google map!! 
This is their Instagram! 

Also if you walk anywhere, there will definitely be a cafe on the street for your favoirite cup of coffee or tea!
Korean cafes are really the best with their interior, drinks, and their service! 
Going back to my story, 

I have decided to be a knight, 
like how JooJiHoon in the drama Kingdom of Netflix!!


Have you guys watched it? 
I remember when it was such a hit!!
And also everyone was talking about it, 
and of course until now. 

Kingdom is a Korean Thriller drama that can be viewed in Netflix. 
The background of this drama is based on the Josun Dynasty, but with a twist!  
There are zombies in scenes which can somehow be scary and thrilling but the story line is great which makes people want to continue watching it!
There is only 1 season released at this moment, but they are going to release another one in the near future so let us wait for it!

If you have not watched the 1st season, go watch it! 

I got my costume from Hanboknam where there are a lot of Hanbok available! 


If you are interested in Korean traditional clothing, come and check it out at our store-HANBOKNAM!

While wearing my costume, I went to the Josun Zombie School where they taught me how to be a zombie! 
I went there because as a knight I have to kill the zombies and the only way I can do that is by knowing their movements! 

I learned a lot and after all the lessons I learned, 
I went out to Hongdae and Itewon to kill them all. 
But there were a lot, as in a lot of people in these places!
More than I expected! 

I couldn't find a lot of the zombies, so my mission failed. 

However, this day was fun since I was able to see different people who were so talented with their disguising skills and their humors! 

There are a lot of people I was able to take a shot of, 
so if you want to take a look at it and the vibe around Itewon and Hongdae,
and also if you want to see how I really enjoyed Halloween, 
come and see my video in YouTube!!! 




댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

Hanbok rental shop at the hanboknam Gyeongbok palace branch

Hanbok Rental at Hanboknam in Gyeongbokgung Palace

Korea's Han River